The PNG University of Technology and the Pacific Adventist University wishes to invite applications for a Certificate in Irrigated Rice Farming course. This is short-term training program conducted in partnership with Trukai Industries’s Smart Farmer Program. The training has two components: 2 weeks on campus and 18 weeks at the farmer’s locations. The on campus training will take place on 15th January to 26 January.
To be eligible to apply, the applicant must :
- Be between the ages of 25 to 50 years
- Be physical fit
- Provide a medical check
- Be an experienced crop farmer
- Have a piece of farming land that is close to a water source
- Have a cropping area that is accessible by road
How to apply
Application forms can be obtained by:
- Visiting your nearest Trukai Office
- Email: TruFarmersTraining@trukai.com.pg
- Download applications. https://www.trukai.com.pg/agribusiness/smart-farmer-program
- The completed form must be send with a support letter from a village councilor or district administrator from your local area.
- Send completed application forms to TruFarmersTraining@trukai.com.pg or drop off at the nearest Trukai Office by Friday 15th December 2023
Terms & Conditions
- Faxed applications will not be processed.
- Applications received after closing date may not be processed.
- Accommodation is provided however, meals and travel arrangements are the responsibilities of the trainees.
- The University reserves the right to make changes to the program or withdraw without notice.
Payment of Fees
- A non-refundable fee of K20 must be paid to the account details provided below
- A fee of K200 for accommodation, transportation and all training resources must be paid to the account details provided below.
- At least a 50% of the K200 fee must be paid prior to registration.
Account Name: UNITECH TRUST FUND
Account Number: 11188172
Bank Nmae: KINA BANK LAE
Branch : LAE
BSB CODE: 028 014
SWIFT CODE: KINIPGPG
Account Name: Pacific Adventist University
Account No: 1002258562
Bank Name: BSP
Account Type: Cheque
Account Name: PACIFIC ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY
Account No: 604745801
Bank Name: WESTPAC
Account Type: Cheque
Your name and program applied for MUST be clearly printed on the bank receipt or you can pay over the eftpos during the registration period.
For More Information
Please contact Trukai Farms on 472 2246 | 7373 8300
Note: Public notice which appeared on Post Courier on Friday November 17th 2023