The Pacific Adoption of Waste-to-Energy project is funded with financial contribution of the European Union and the support of the Secretariat of the OACPs, Organization of African, Caribbean and the Pacific States. It is being implemented by the Pacific Community (SPC) in close partnership with the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environmental Program, the University of Papua New Guinea, the University of the South Pacific, national governments, civil society and the private sector.
Call for Applications
The University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Natural and Physical Sciences, Renewable Energy Centre, are pleased to announce a call for applications fort the Waste-to-Energy Scholarship to pursue a Master of Science by Research in Waste-to-Energy.
The Pacific Adoption of Waste-to-Energy project aim is to “co-develop and facilitates research demonstration projects with tertiary education providers to build and strengthen specific waste-to-energy skills in the Pacific and to grow the overall Pacific innovation ecosystem.
WASTE-TO-ENERGY SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS
- This scholarship is for full-time study only and the successful candidate is not permitted to be in paid employment during the tenure of their awards and will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for the entire time on their research.
- Papua New Guinean citizen
- Overall GPA of 3 and above (combined 3rd and 4th year grades. For candidates with exceptional work experience, a minimum of GPA 2.5 maybe considered.
- Science or engineering graduate
The two year scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- A generous living allowance
- Return airfares
- And a research grant
How to apply?
For full application details visit
Applications close on Monday 13th November 2023 9:00am (GMT + 12)
For tips on how to prepare electronic applications see How To Prepare Electronic Jobs/Scholarship Applications.