The screen font size can affect your productivity level when using a desktop or laptop PC. For young PC users, the screen font size it not really a issue because they have good eyesight. However, for middle age, over 40 and those who have eye sight issues, the screen font size can be an issue to deal with. Particularly, if the you spend most of your time working on a personal computer each day.
The default computer screen font size is set by the Windows operating system. As such, you have to adjust the screen font size to suit your comfort level. Microsoft as part of their customer care, they have made it possible for any user to adjust the screen font size. So when it comes to font size on computer screens. You change the desktop icons and the font size.
Change the desktop icon and font size.
If the desktop or laptop desktop icon and font size is small, you can either set to large, medium and small.
- Right-click on the empty area on the desktop.
- From the shortcut menu, select View from the three options-Large icons, Medium Icons, Large.
Large icons options can make the icons quite big but Medium option should be helpful.
Change the Application Screen Fonts
The other area where change of font or text size needed is the Application Interface. For example, depending on your laptop or desktop PC settings, the font size of applications like Word, PowerPoint and Excel can be bit big or too small. So you can set the correct font size. Here is how you do it.
- In the text Windows Search Textbox, just close to the Start button on the bottom left corner of your screen, type “ Ease of Access “ without the quotation marks.
2. Click on Ease of Access Settings and the Ease of Settings window will be displayed
3. From the Ease of Access Settings window, click on Display option on the Left navigation page.
- Here, you can increase or decrease the text size, the percentage of screen display and brightness of the screen. Play around these settings until you get the effect you want.
It’s that simple.
You can also set the Mouse Pointer settings well as insertion Cursor settings. By clicking the Mouse and Cursor options on the navigation pane of the Ease of Access Settings window.