With our vision to lead change in our products, your home, and the community we desire young Papua New Guineans with high potential. This is not only academic potential but attitude to contribute to the success of Brian Bell Group, Brian Bell Foundation, and the development of Papua New Guinea.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development
- Medial Insurance Scheme
- Ability and change to progress
- Continuous internal and external training to support career growth
- Graduate management program
- Evaluation and feedback.
- Apprenticeship in a technical trade
- Finance and administration
- Retail administration and management
- Warehouse and logistics
- Property management
- Living BBG’s vision and mission
- Understanding BBG’s goals and plans
- Learn core values and behaviors
- Collaboration and team work
Graduates of courses to apply
The best and brightest graduates from the following courses are encouraged to apply
- Human Resources
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Apprenticeship in Technical Trade
Be a part of our Apprenticeship in Technical Trade. The apprenticeship program is structured under two phases, the two years training program and four years training program depending on the technical trade. Apprentices are considered in the following major disciplines covering off seven Specific Technical Trade Discipline (STTD).
- Mechanical Trade-Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Electrical Trade-Electronics Mechanic, Refrigeration Mechanic and Electrical Mechanic.
- Building Trade-Carpentry
- Plumbing & Gas Fitting Trade-Plumbing & Gas Fitting
At the completion of an apprenticeship program, an apprentice is required to sit the trade test for grades to be awarded in the STTD. Two certificates are issued hereon;
Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship Training
At successful completion of all training courses required to complete an STTD, a certificate of completion is issued to trainees who have completed their contract of apprenticeship in accordance with the Apprenticeship and Trade Testing Act 1986. This certificate is issued at the completion of an apprentice’s block training courses. BBG shall endorse the appropriate form to be forwarded to NATTB for this certificate to be issued.
Trade Testing Certificate
At the successful completing of trade testing, a Trade Certificate is issued to the apprentice. Certificate is issued by NATTB which now gives the Tradesman status in the STTD
Quota determination is considered based on the following criteria;
- New applications to start first your of apprenticeship
- Female applicants
- Applications from team members outside of Port Moresby
- Number of current apprentices on STDD and at different stages of completing block training courses.
- Based on business and technical requirements
Internal Selection Process:
Internal selection is based on meeting the full requirements as stipulated by the set prerequisites and based on the set quota
External Selection Process
Upon passing the medical examination, an apprenticeship application shall be submitted to NATTB by the BBG on behalf of the interested team member. NATTB shall notify BBG by mail on the acceptance of the team member to participate in the ATP.
To apply for the Brian Bell Graduate Program tell us your story in three words and email the following documents to:
- Updated Resume
- Your-three-word story
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of Grade 12 Higher School Certificate
- Cover letter outlining your five-year plan and why you deserve a place in our program.
Applications close on October 31st 2024
Phone: 3255411 | 3130200| 2079010
Posta Address: P.O.BOX 1228, Boroko, NCD
Note: Brian Bell Group’s Program Pamphlet