- Rated as Papua New Guinea’s top Business and Management School
- Recognized by the Eduniversal International Scientific Committee as one of the top 1,000 Business Schools;
- A Member of the prestigious Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AASB), and the Commonwealth Organization of Learning (COL, Canada;
- Recognized by the Asian Association School of Business International; and
- The University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business & Public Policy has a proven reputation for producing Chief Executive Officers, Senior Managers, and Entrepreneurs for local and global markets.
- The School is one the five (5) Schools at the University. The other Schools are Humanities and Social Sciences, Natural & Physical Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Law.
The University of Papua New Guinea and the School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) are the major beneficiaries of the Pacific Leadership and Governance Precinct (PLGP) , which is an agreement between the Governments of Papua New Guinea and Australia. Through the agreement, the School:
- Has secured a new state-of-the art building with latest international standard technology and facilities.;
- Is supported by the Development Police Centre (DPC), Crawford School of Public Policy, National Australian University (ANU), to conduct the School’s undergraduate and Post Graduate Economics and Public Policy Management programs. Five ANU lecturers are working with the school, on a full-time basis, to train local human resources. Further, in collaboration with ANU, the University and the School organize various research activities, the annual “ PNG Update” Conference, on annual student’s study tour to ANU, and other initiatives;
- Has prepared a Strategic Plan for 2019-2023;
- Has realigned its curriculum, and has ensured that all of its programs are relevant for the contemporary period; and
- Is focusing on developing high quality human resources to enhance the development of the nation.
- The School has strong partnerships with international and local professional organizations and industry.
- The School invites applications for the following Post Graduate Programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA);
- Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM)
- Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy (GDEPP) leading to a Master of Economic and Public Policy (MEPP)-supported by the Development Policy Centre, ANU; and
- Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance (GDCG)-with support of the Bank of Papua New Guinea and PNG Institute of Directors. The program aims at preparing high quality Directors to serve on various Boards and Councils of both public and private sector organizations.
At present, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Government of Australia, has awarded ten scholarships each, to the candidates of the Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy and Master of Economic and Public Policy program, under the “20224 Public Sector Leadership Scholarships”, through “ Australia Awards”. Papua New Guinean Public servants are eligible for the scholarships. The awardees are selected jointly by the Department of Personnel Management , School, and Australia Awards.
Information and Application Process
Potential candidates who are interested in taking up our Postgraduate and Masters Programs at SBPP encouraged to visit https://www.upng.ac.pg /index.php/sbpp-programs-courses/postgraduate-programs to access more information about eligibility, the application process, program structure, program fees, etc. Application Forms and the PGS Prospectus 2024 can be downloaded from www.upng.ac.pg
A separate application must be submitted for each program. All completed Application Forms should be accompany copies of credentials and the original receipt for payment of Application Fee of K250.00 into the University of Papua New Guinea General A/C NO 1000583572, BSP, Waigani. Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their intension to take up the Postgraduate and Masters Programs of their choice, with the School.
Please contact Ms. Lisa-Marie Kila, or Ms Molly Yoko, School of Business, the University of Papua New Guinea, P.O.BOX 320, University, 134. National Capital District, Tel: +675 3267 299/301; or email email@example.com
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D); Those who wish to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy program are advised to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more details.
Applications for the above Post Graduate Program and Doctor of Philosophy will close on Thursday,31st of August 2023
Note: This was a paid public notice from the University of Papua New Guinea which appeared in the PNG Local daily newspapers on Friday August 18th 2023