The National Polytechnic Institute of Papua New Guinea is one of the big state run technical institutions in the Papua New Guinea. It is located in the heart of Lae City in the Morobe Province. Lae is the country’s second city and it is an industrial and port city. The city serves as the main economic hub serving all Morobe province as its provincial town, and the seven provinces in the interior mainland highlands. The Highlands Highway (also known as Okuk Highway) originates from Lae and connects the following provinces.
- Eastern Highlands
- Western Highlands
- Southern Highlands
- Madang-Only coastal province as Morobe shares coastline and land border with Madang province.
As such, the location of The National Polytechnic Institute of PNG makes it ideal for students from the highlands provinces to come to Lae for studies. Also, students from other parts of the country as well.
Programs on offer at The National Polytechnic Institute of PNG.
- Diploma in Applied Science
- Diploma in Architectural Drafting
- Diploma in Building
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Business Studies-Accounting
- Diploma in Business Studies-Computing
- Diploma in Business Studies-Management
- Diploma in Business Studies-Office Administration
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Electrical)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Power)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Certificate in Meat Processing
The National Polytechnic Institute of PNG Contact Information
Phone: 472 2555 | 472 1789