Harmony and the Hidden Valley Mine (HVM) are committed to the growth and development of future technical specialists and leaders in Papua New Guinea.
Our Scholarship Program will financially support local students throughout their university degree and diploma level studies, and foster ongoing relationships with students who will forge future careers with Harmony and Hidden Valley Mine.
The Harmony and Hidden Valley Mining Tertiary Scholarship program was developed specifically to:
- Create a pool of high caliber students that will fill future positions as graduates at Harmony operations in targeted disciplines.
- Develop Papua New Guinean citizens in pursuit of the Company’s commitment to support and accelerate transformation.
- Contribute towards achieving the company’s training and localization objectives.
HVM Scholarship Program
Applicants must be studying a relevant undergraduate bachelor or diploma level course at a registered university or Polytech institution in Papua New Guinea.
Applicants must be full time tertiary students (100 percent loading) according to the universities’ subject weighting policies.
Scholarship award will be based on merit eligible courses include:
- Mining engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Environmental Science
- Business: Commercial Finance
- Information technology
- Human Resource
Open for Applications
Our Scholarship Program is open for applicants from Morobe students who want to further their studies at the University of Technology and Lae Polytech.
Students from the Hidden Valley host communities, and from Wau-waria and Bulolo are strong encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
The Scholarship is restricted to Morobean students studying in an undergraduate degree or diploma level program in the two tertiary institutions
- A valid PNG identity document (PNG Citizen) from the HVM mining communities, Bulolo and Wau-Waria districts and Morobe province ONLY.
- A higher Education Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above
- Students planning to study in the Engineering field, must have a minimum of 70% for Mathematics & Physical Science.
- Students already at tertiary institutions must have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects. Current year results must be attached . Brief Curriculum Vitae (1 page)
All applications must be submitted to:
Applications closes on 31st January 2023