Boosting Education Standards Together (BEST) in PNG Program.
Scholarship for five (05) female students studying a Bachelor of Secondary Teacher Education Degree (Pre-Service) specializing in Mathematics & Science at St Peter Channel Catholic College (SPCCC), Kokopo, East New Britain
This scholarship award is sponsored by the BSP Financial Group Ltd (BSP) and is part of the BEST PNG Scholarship Scheme. The beneficiaries will be female students who will be enrolled for the First Year of Study in 2023.
This is a four year full time Scholarship for the duration of the Bachelor’s Program and covers lodging and tuition.
Scholarship Target provinces.
Students originating or have been living in Western, Gulf, Milne Bay, Oro (Northern), and West New Britain provinces are eligible to apply.
About the BEST PNG Scholarships:
The Government of Papua New Guinea through the National Department of Education (NDoE) received an Education Sector Plan Implementation Grant from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE). This grant is supporting the implementation of the Boosting Education Standards Together in PNG (BEST PNG) program. BEST PNG is implemented a Program Management Unit within the NDoE with support from Save the Children in PNG (SCPNG) as the Grant Agent and other partners including DHERST.
Part of the grant proceeds is to support female students from underserved target provinces to study a Bachelor of Education degree in Secondary Education specializing in Science and/or Mathematics. Currently forty (40) female students are being supported by GPE and (10) by Newcrest Mining Ltd (NML). They are enrolled at the University of Goroka, Pacific Adventist University and SPCCC. In addition, BSP is offering Five (5) more scholarships to support the Scheme.
- Scholarship applicant must be a female and must have either one natural parent or both parents originating from and/or residing in the target provinces.
- Students must originate from and residing in one of the targeted provinces listed above.
- Students should be in their first year of study in 2023 at the St.Peter Chanel, Catholic College of Teacher Education , Kokopo, East New Britain Province.
- Must have completed Grade 10, and/or Grade 12 in a secondary school in the target provinces. Applicants who completed Grade 10 only from target provinces may be considered.
- Students must have completed Grade 12 in 2022, in one of the targeted provinces. (School Leavers are preferred; however, consideration will be given to those who completed grade 12 in 2021 and 2020).
- Students from a National High School, must have last attended Grade 10/11 at a High School /Secondary School in the respective (target) provinces.
- Students must not be on any other scholarship schemes including that offered by DHERST and the Provincial Division of Education (PDoE)
- Application Process
- Female students who meet the above criteria can apply by completing a scholarship application form downloaded from the DHERST website www.dherst.gov.pg or obtained from the Office of the Register at SPCCC firstname.lastname@example.org or the respective Provincial Division of Education (PDoE) Offices.
Completed forms must be submitted to the Scholarship Assessment Committee via email@example.com A copy of the application can be forwarded to BEST PNG Program Management Unit at email BESTPNG@savethechildren.org.au
All applications should be submitted by close of business on Friday 20th January 2023.