The Kumul Petroleum Academy (KPA)-NTC RTO 187- is offering a 12 month competency-based training Job-Ready Technician’s Scholarship Training Program supported by the oil and gas, LNG, power and mining industries. The training provides opportunities to the next generation of Papua New Guineas to develop lifelong knowledge and practical skills for employment in PNG and internationally. City & Guilds is a world leader in skills education and widely recognized throughout the industry.
Successful applicants will receive sponsorship from ExxonMobil PNG Limited for the 12 months training program at KPA. ExxonMobil PNG Limited is looking to sponsor successful Junior Technicians for 2022 intake Suitable candidates including people for Project Impacted Areas (PIA) that meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply.
The program is designed to develop;
- Junior Production (Operations) Technicians
- Junior Instrument Technicians
- Junior Electrical Technicians
- Junior Mechanical Technicians
Applicants for scholarships must
- Have completed highest educational qualification in the last eight years
- Preferably have technical vocational trade certificate Level II or III in Mechanical, Instrument, Electrical or related fields and at least one year work experience with a: clean discipline record; and /or Grade 12 leavers with sound academic results in Math, English, Physics and Chemistry.
- Have good spoken and written English
- Have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications should include the following
- Completed KPA City & Guilds Qualified Junior Technicians Application Form and updated CV.
- Authenticated (Certified by a Commissioner of Oath/Village Councillor) copies of police clearance, academic certificates and three references
- Certified copy of birth certificate or NID card or other valid proof of age and ID.
The selection process for enrolment comprises:
- 2022 City & Guilds Qualified Junior Technicians Application Form
- Online Psychometric/Aptitude Tests, which will include mathematical aptitude/reasoning and spatial recognition as examples. Access to reliable internet connectivity and an active email address as required
- Medical, Drug & Alcohol clearance and agreement on behavioral codes
You may obtain applications and apply through the following methods:
- Obtain application form from our website www.kpa.ac.pg
- Alternatively, request and submit application form via email: email@example.com
- All applications must be submitted via email, we will not accept paper forms
Your completed application form must be lodged with an updated CV including contact details of three recent referees and valid copies of relevant qualifications by Friday, 17th June 2022
Actively monitor your nominated email account
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by mid-June 2022 to take online aptitude test.
Kumul Petroleum Academy
Portion 474, Idubada Road
Idubada, Port Moresby, 121, PNG
Telephone: 320 2801
P.O.BOX 1039, Waterfront, Konedobu, Port Moresby, 125, NCD, PNG