This notice serves to inform all graduands for the 67th Graduation Ceremony concerning the proper attire, specified by the STRICT University General By-Laws that govern the ceremony. All graduands must pay their K260 Graduation Fee by Tuesday 19th April 2022 to be eligible to graduate. The list of eligible graduands, by School and ID numbers can be confirmed with the Executive Officer in your respective School. IT WILL ALSO BE ON THE WEBSITE: www.upng.ac.pg .
The University of Papua New Guinea’s Public Relations and Event Management Office is responsible for all graduation attire, including the provision of measurements of garments. These are:
- Two piece garments to be worn by Bachelor Degree awardees-normal specific Gown and Hood;
- Two pieces for Honours Degree Awardees-normal specific Gown, and Deep Hood Sewn with specific Ribbon measurement;
- Two pieces for Postgraduate Degree awardees-special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood; and
- Three pieces for Masters Degree awardees-special Gown sewn with specific Ribbon measurement, same with Deep Hood and a Mortar Board
The Gown will be strictly by University Approved By-Laws-Original Color in Adonis blue of quality fabric, as well as the hood. However, ribbons will be sewn at the edges of the hoods with specific measurements to distinguish between different Schools and programs. Each School has its own distinct color for the hoods (ribbon):
- The School of Business and Public Policy-3 different ribbon colors for different programs
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences – 1 ribbon color for all
- School of Law-White 1 ribbon color for all
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences-7 different colors for different programs.
- School of Natural & Physical Sciences– 1 ribbon color for all
Graduands who will be awarded Diplomas will wear Gowns only.
If you are not sure of your graduation status, you must immediately contact the Executive Officer in your respective School.
Graduation Rehearsals Date and Time
Rehearsals will be held in the Drill Hall at UPNG on Wednesday and Thursday, 20-21 April starting at 9:00 am. All graduands should attend their respective School rehearsals.
The 67th Graduation Ceremony will be held over 5 days. Each day’s graduation will commence at 9:30 am
Graduation Days for Different Schools
The Order of School Graduation Will be as follows
Monday 25th April School of Business and Public Policy
Tuesday 26th April School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Wednesday 27th April School of Law
Thursday 28th April School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Friday 29th April School of Natural and Physical Sciences
All Covid-19 protocols of social distancing, hand sanitizing, taking of temperature, and the wearing of masks will be followed. NO MASK, NO ENTRY.
As a prerequisite to graduate, all fees, fines, and charges must be paid prior to the date of the graduation ceremony, including the payment of the Graduation Fee K260, to UPNG General Fund Account (Graduation Fee and your full name), NO: 1000583572, BSP, Waigani Branch, by Tuesday 19th April 2022.
- Graduating students are responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the graduation ceremony
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Anyone who is not wearing the correct approved attire will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Purchase of graduation attire will be strictly from the University Public Relations & Events Office.
- Payments should be may to UPNG TRUST ACCOUNT (Gown Purchase and full name); No: 1005374648, BSP, Waigani Branch.
No later than Thursday 21 April 2022, provide Original Bank Stamped Receipts showing payment to PREM with your full name for measurement and pick up of your graduation attire.
For more information regarding graduation, please contact:
Public Relations & Event Management on Telephone: 3267257 or email: email@example.com, or the Graduation Coordinator, Student Administration on Telephone: 3267604/3267321 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Roboam Kakap
Source: This was a public notice released by UPNG and appeared on the Post Courier newspapers on 28th March 2022, page 22. Only the headings were inserted for clarify of reading.