About the Program.
Australia Awards PNG will deliver a Graduate Certificate of Disease & Infection Control short course to participants employed in the health sector in Papua New Guinea, including health research and policy roles.
This course will provide participants with an increased understanding of diseases and infection control measures in a variety of health contexts including rural and remote locations. It will support development of increased technical skills for successful infection control and management including responding to COVID-19 challenges.
The course will target those in position of responsibility to increase knowledge and skills with the aim of providing both individuals and institutions with increased capacity to identify, respond to, and manage disease and infection.
Target program participants.
Course participants will be drawn from the National Department of Health , Provincial Health Authorities (PHAs), Hospitals, Medical Facilities, Health Laboratories, Medical Research Institutes, NGOS, and other health delivery organizations.
Applicants from the public sector must complete the Australia Awards PNG application form for Government of Papua New Guinea and have the endorsement of the head of their department, agency or administration.
Program Eligibility Requirements
To apply for this short course, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in nursing, allied health or other health or science disciplines and up to three years work experience in the health sector.
- Be currently employed and have the application supported by your manager and the head of the organization.
- Have a minimum academic English proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (short listed applicants may be required to undertake a test facilitated by Australian Awards)
- Have a commitment to prepare and implement a workplace project
- Engage actively and foster networks with multiple stakeholders, including in Australia and disseminate learning from the course with students, colleagues sand peers.
This is a fully funded scholarship. All course fees, travel, accommodation and per diems will be provided by Australia Awards PNG. Given the current COVID-19 environment and accompanying travel restrictions, the course may be delivered entirely in PNG using a mix of and remote online learning methods and attendance at the course workshops. It is expected that participants will undertake online study between delivery.
For more information.
For more information visit our website at www.australiaawardspng.org
Please send the completed application form with your CV and supporting documents to:
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Application closing date.
Applications close at 5 pm (PNG Time) on 29th November 2021
Source: Public media announcement published in the local PNG Newspapers by Australia Awards PNG on Monday November 1st 2021