Applications are now open for Public Sector Leadership Scholarships to study the one-year Graduate Diploma in Economics and Public Policy at the University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP), commencing in February 2022.
Public Sector Leadership Scholarships are offered by the PNG-Australia Partnership to high-performing Papua New Guinean Public Servants who which to develop their academic and professional skills in support of effective policy making and national development.
What does the course involve?
The Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy equips professionals with knowledge and ability to create and implement effective policy in the national interest. It provides an academic platform for students to boost and apply their skills in economic and public policy analysis.
Who can apply?
The Public Sector Leadership Scholarships are open to PNG public servants (Grade 14 and above) who are employed under the Public Service General Order. Applicants must be based in the NCD and work in a Department or statutory authority deemed eligible by the Department of Personnel Management (DPM). Study is part-time during evening classes (Monday to Friday).
Scholarships will be offered for study commencing in 2022. Women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Scholarships cover tuition fees and a contribution to ICT costs for data.
Scholarship awardees who successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy in 2022 will be considered for continued scholarship support in 2023 to study the one-year Masters of Economic and Public Policy under research pathway.
More information and application form is available from UPNG School of Business and Public Policy Website link below.
The application process has two steps
1. Apply for admission at UPNG’S SBPP
Applicants should complete the 2021 Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit it directly to UPNG by 5 pm on Tuesday 31st August 2021, with the required supporting documents and UPNG application administration fee.
- Select Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy (GDEPP)
- Select part-time study and
- Complete Section 4: Sponsorship/Scholarships. Write PSLS, Australia Awards PNG
2:Scholarship applications and Selection
- UPNG will confirm applicants’ admission eligibility
- Eligible scholarship applicants will be invited to complete a scholarship application form, which will be assessed by a selection panel.
- Eligible applicants must submit a letter of endorsement from their employing agency’s Organizational Head (before 22nd of September 2021)
- Applicants will then be considered by a selection panel comprising representatives from the PNG and Australian Governments and UPNG.
- Scholarship offers will be made to selected applicants in early January 2021
Applicants who meet the course requirements but who are not awarded a scholarship are still able to undertake the course as self-funded or via other sponsorship pathways and are eligible to apply for the Masters year research scholarship in 2023 (subject to GDEPP results endorsement).
Friday 21st July 2021 from 3 pm
Venue: UPNG School of Business and Public Policy Courtyard. Masks mandatory
Wednesday 23rd July 2021 from 1 pm-Online Information Session.
To register your interest , email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information
DPM (Department of Personnel Management)
Ph: 327 6407 | Email: email@example.com
And cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Marie Kila
Ph: 3267 299 / 3267 305 | Email: email@example.com
And cc: : firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPNG admission closes 31st August 2021
- Eligible applicants invited to apply for scholarship 22nd September, 2021
- Scholarship outcomes announced 10th January 2022
Source: This information was published as public notice in Post Courier newspaper on Friday July 16th 2021 page 50.