All students, parents, and sponsors are advised of the UPNG Fee Structure for the 2021 Academic Year, as approved by the University Council. Ensure that you read the accompanying notes for clarification. All fees are in PNG Kina. Link is as below.
DOWNLOAD THE FEE STRUCTURE PDF FILE
Notes on Fees
1. New Students.
- The Compulsory Fees for PNG Citizens, and South Pacific and other International Undergraduate students will remain the same as in 2020
- Compulsory Fees payable by Postgraduate Students and International Students, including South Pacific Students and dependents of UPNG Expatriate Staff, will also remain the same as in 2020. This does not include residential, service charges, administrative, or SRC fees, which are paid as additional fees.
- All new students who have been selected to study at the UPNG, will receive a Letter of Offer and an invoice for the payment of the Compulsory Fees, in full by Friday 5th of February 2021
- New students must pay the Compulsory Fees, in full by 5th February 2021 to avoid the automatic withdrawal of your offer and place at the University.
2. New and Continuing Students
- Fees payable by students on TEAS Scholarships may be adjusted, based on the level of subsidy specified by the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science, and Technology (DHERST) under TESAS.
- Please note that accommodation on campus is not guaranteed. The allocation of available rooms in the halls of residence is subject to full payment of the compulsory fees prior to completion of the online Application Form for accommodation. Upon successful acceptance of each application for accommodation, respective students and their sponsors must pay at least 50% of the Boarding & Lodging fees by Wednesday 12th of February 2021. If you require accommodation upon arrival on campus, you must pay, in full the compulsory fess and at least 50% of the prescribed accommodation fees, as advised, prior to taking occupancy of your room on arrival.
- The refundable Security fee of K250.00 must be paid by all first-time residential students before occupying their allocated rooms.
3. Continuing students.
- All Continuing students are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3267321/3267604/3267249. The Proforma Invoice is for the full payment of the Compulsory Fees by Friday 5th February 2021. No less fee receipts will be accepted during registration for 2021. Any queries concerning your Proforma Invoice please email email@example.com or call 3267321/3267604/3267249
- Any continuing student who fails to meet the minimum GPA requirements for progression into the next year of his/her studies MUST NOT RETUN to the university in 2021. If you are unsure of your status, please contact your respective your School Office immediately.
- Students are fully responsible for the payment of outstanding fees that have not been paid by their respective sponsors from previous years, including 2020.
- Student debtors will only be allowed to register if all outstanding debts accumulated up to and including 2020, plus the Compulsory Fees for 2021 are paid in FULL by Friday 5th February 2021. Otherwise, DO NOT RETURN to the University.
- No letter of Guarantee will be accepted as a means for students to register. All fees must be paid in full, by the required deadlines in order to register.
- All fees must be paid electronically to “UPNG TUITION FEE ACCOUNT NO: 1000584013, BSP, WAIGANI BRANCH”. Details of such electronic payments will be made available on the University website : www.upng.ac.pg in the near future.
- Any bank fees charged for individual deposits will be recovered by the University.
- Any overpayment of fees will be returned to sponsors, less administrative charges. To avoid administrative charges, sponsors are advised to contact the Deputy Registrar Academic on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3267321/3267249 prior to making payments.
- The existing fees have remained unchanged since 2017. In particular, the existing annual compulsory fees of K2,939.00 for most Undergraduate programs offered by the University have remained at the 2017 fee level, as per Ministerial and Council directives.
PETER H. PETSUL (Ph.D)
Declaimer: Media public notice as per POST COURIER, Thursday 24th December 2020, page 60