The University of Goroka (UOG) now has established the University of Goroka (UOG) Special Procurement Commission to undertake procurement activities with the University. The committee was set up by the National Procurement Commission (NPC) to delegate procurement powers to the University for procurement threshold value of up to 1 million kina. Anything procurement that is above 1 million will be facilitated through NPC as per National Procurement Act.
Members of the UOG Special Procurement Committee.
- UOG Vice Chancellor Prof Sinebare as chairman
- UOG Pro-Vice Chancellor-Policy and Planning (Donald Gumbis)-Deputy Chair
- UOG Pro-Vice Chancellor-Academic (Dr.Sam Najike)
- UOG Registrar- (Denver Ame Kave)
- National Planning Department-First Secretary for Administration- (Rose Koyama)
- Finance Department-First Assistance Secretary for Finance Reporting and compliance-(Samson Metofa)
- NPC Manager for Procurement-Geoffrey Kinibo
- UOG Bursar-(Ulo Jasipa)
- 2 X UOG Divisional Directors-(Kelly Matoli and James Korowa)
- Representative from Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST)
- Representative from Department of Treasury
Committee’s Approval Limit Threshold
NCP Chief Executive Officer Mr.Simon Bole commended the University of Goroka for establishing the committee with it’s 12 committee members. He highlighted that the committee’s approval threshold is 1 million kina and anything that is above that amount will have to be facilitated through the NCP as per the PNG’s National Procurement Act.
National Procurement Commission (NPC) is the central government’s procurement agency. It was formally known as National Tenders Board (NTB).