Under the Women Make Change Program, United Nations Women (UN Women) with Post Courier, are inviting youth to participate in an essay competition on Gender Equality in PNG.
How to Enter
- Pick ONE of the four essay questions below and write about it in 1,000 words or less
- State your name, age, address (location), and contact details (phone number and email address)
- Competition is open to youth in PNG ages 13 to 26 years old
- Submit to email@example.com by 27th of November 2020
- Currently there are no women in Parliament in PNG. Describe two major barriers to women’s leadership and how these could be address
- What would the benefits of having equal representation of men and women in parliament for a country?
- Research about a past or current women leader in your ward, district, electorate, province or at the National level. Describe her contributions and impact as a women leader.
- How could having more women in Parliament make PNG a better and safer place for women and girls?
Winners will be announced on 14th December 2020. The winning Essay will be published in the Post Courier and Winners will receive a Laptop prize.
For more information, check the UN Women PNG Facebook Page