Applications are now open for Precinct Scholarships to study the one-year Graduate Diploma in Economics and Public Policy at the University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP), commencing in February 2021.
Precinct Scholarships are offered by the PNG-Australia Partnership to high-performing Papua New Guinean Public Servants who which to develop their academic and professional skills in support of effective policy making and national development.
What does the course involve?
The Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy equips professionals with knowledge and ability to create and implement effective policy in the national interest. It provides an academic platform for students to boost and apply their skills in economic and public policy analysis. Moro information is available at:
Who can apply?
Precinct Scholarships are open to PNG public servants (mid-and senior-level managers) who are employed under the Public Service General Order. Applicants must be based in the NCD and working in a Department or statutory authority deemed eligible by the Department of Personnel Management (DPM). Study is part-time during evening classes.
Scholarships will be offered for study commencing in 2021. Women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Scholarships cover tuition fees and a contribution to ICT costs.
Scholarship awardees who successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy in 2021 will be considered for continued scholarship support in 2022 to study the one-year Masters of Economic and Public Policy.
The application process has two steps
1. Apply for admission at UPNG’S SBPP
Applicants should complete the 2021 Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit it directly to UPNG by 5 pm on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
The Application form is available at http://www.upng.ac.pg/images/documents/sbpp_docs/SBPP_PostgraduateDiploma_Enrollment_2021.pdf
- Select Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy (GDEPP)
- Select part-time study and
- Complete Section (Sponsorship/Scholarships)
2:Ensure Scholarship eligibility requirements are met including
- Meeting UPNG’s SBPP admission requirements for the Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy.
- Having endorsement from their employing agency’s Organizational Head (organizational endorsement should be availably by 30th October 2020)
- UPNG will confirm applicant’s admission eligibility and applications will then be considered by the scholarship selection panel comprising representatives from the PNG and Australian Governments and UPNG.
- eligible scholarship applicants will be invited to complete a scholarship application form which will be assessed by the selection panel.
- Scholarship offers will be made to selected applicants in January 2021.
Note: Public sector applicants who meet course and DPM requirements but who are not awarded a Precinct Scholarship are still able to undertake the course as self-funded students.
Online Information Session-15th September 2020
Interested applicants are invited to attend a free online information session about the 2021 Precinct Scholarships on Tuesday 15th September, 12-1pm. To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information
DPM (Department of Personnel Management)
Ph: 327 6407 | Email: email@example.com
And cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Marie Kila
Ph: 3267 299 / 3267 305 | Email: email@example.com
And cc: : firstname.lastname@example.org
UPNG’S SBPP Applications close at 5 pm Wednesday 30th September 2020
Declaimer: This information was published as public notice in Post Courier newspaper on Friday 11th sept 2020 page 53.