University of Papua New Guinea School of Business (SBPP) Profile
- Rated as Papua New Guinea’s top Business and Management School
- Recognized by Eduniversal International Scientific Committee as one of the top 1, 000 Business Schools
- A Member of the prestigious Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPSB), and the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) Canada
- Recognised by the Asian Association of Schools of Business International and
- The University of Papua New Guinea’s School of Business and Public Policy has a proven reputation for producing CEOs, Senior Managers, and Entrepreneurs for local and global markets
The current School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) was established in 2002. The School is one of the five Schools at the University. The other Schools are the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Natural and Physical Sciences, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, and School of Law.
SBPP Academic Collaboration Networks and Facilities
- The University of Papua New Guinea and the School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) are the major beneficiaries of the Pacific Leadership and Governance Precinct (PLGP), which is an agreement signed between the Government of Papua New Guinea (GOPNG) and Australia. Through this agreement, the School;
- Has secured a new state-of-the-art building, with latest international standard technology and facilities
- Is supported by the Development Policy Centre (DPC), Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University (ANU), to conduct the School’s undergraduate and Post Graduate Economics and Public Policy Management programs. Give lecturers from ANU are working with the School, on a full-time basis, to train local human resources. Further, in collaboration with ANU, the University organizes various research activities, the annual “PNG Update” Conference, an annual student’s study tour to ANU, and other initiatives.
- Is supported by James Cook University to build human resource capacity through a twinning arrangements
- Has prepared a Strategic Plan for the period 2019-2023
- Has realigned it’s curriculum, and has ensured that all of its programs are relevant for the contemporary period; and
- Is focusing on producing high quality human resources to enhance the development of the nation.
- The school has strong partnerships with international and local professionals organizations and industry
Call for Applications-Masters/Post Graduate Programs
The School is inviting applications for the following Post Graduate Programs:
- Executive Masters of Business Administration (E-MBA)
- MBA-CPA Program
- Masters of Human Resource Management (MHRM)
- Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy (GDEPP) leading to a Masters of Economic and Public Policy (MEPP)-Supported by the Development Policy Centre, ANU and
- Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance (GDCG)-with the support of the Bank of Papua New Guinea. The program aims at preparing high quality Directors to serve on various Boards and Councils both public and private sector organizations.
Information and Application Process
Potential candidates who are interested in taking up our Post Graduate Program, are encouraged to visit www.upng.ac.pg to access more information about eligibility, the application process, program structure, program fee, etc. Application Forms and Prospectus can be downloaded from www.upng.ac.pg
A separate Application From must be submitted for each program. All completed Application Forms should accompany the original receipt for payment Of the Application Fee of K250.00 into the following account
The University of Papua New Guinea
BSP Bank, Waigani,
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their intention to take up the Masters of their choice, with the school
Please contact Ms.Lisa-Marie Kila, Administration Officer, School of Business and Public Policy, The University of Papua New Guinea, P.O.BOX 320, University, 134, NCD,
Applications for the above Postgraduate Programs will close on Wednesday, 30th September, 2020
Declaimer: This information was released in the public print media by UPNG on 10th of August 2020.