Converting a word document into pdf is much easier in Microsoft Office 2016 than in previous versions like Office 2007, 2003, and etc. Pdf (portable document file) format is the most commonly used file format for sharing all sorts of documents electronically. Pdf format is the preferred format for files that can be send via email or uploaded on websites and etc. Alt of documents that exist in the internet is in pdf form. Here are three (3) ways to convert a word document into pdf file without requiring a third-party file conversion software.
Prepared The Word Document Before Converting Into Pdf File Format.
Before converting a world document into pdf, make sure all the necessary editing and formatting of the document are done. Editing-refers to making sure your content is as good as you would like to be. Formatting means, the document look presentable to the preferred audience or reader. Document must not only contain the intended message but it must also capture the attention of the reader to have read it. Converting a document into pdf is only the final part after the editing and formatting processes are completed.
1: Export the Document To Pdf File Format.
Once the document is completed, the do the following:
- Click on File tab (backstage) on the Word Ribbon and it will show the backstage drop down menu list.
- Click Export and click Create PDF/XPS Document and then click the Create PDF/XPS button. This will open update the Save As Dialog box.
- Locate a space in the pc to save the file. Type a description file name and then click the Publish button. Word will convert the document into pdf file format ope the file with pdf reader software for viewing. If satisfied with the outcome, close the file.
If any changes are required, the changes can be made in the document and the process can be repeated.
2: Use Save As Option
To convert an existing word document file into pdf file format the Save As option can be used.
- Locate the file in the computer and open double click on it to open it.
- Click File tab (Backstage) on the Word Ribbon
- Under the drop down option list click Save As option.
- Click the Browse button and this will open up the Save As dialog box.
- Locate the place in the computer to save the file to using the Windows Explorer navigation pane on the left of the dialog box.
- Write a description File name for the pdf file. Word will try to suggest same file name as the word document as default.
- Under Save As Type click the down arrow key and Word will give you a whole list file formats to choose and save to. Choose PDF, and then click Save button to save.
3: Use the Microsoft Print to Pdf Print Option
Windows 10 has a print option as Microsoft Print to Pdf print option. Once the document is read to be converted to pdf do the following;
- Click on File tab (Backstage) and click Print
- Under the Printer Option, click Microsoft Print To Pdf option. This is not physical printer but a file conversion command that act like a printer.
- Set the necessary print option as would be like printing to a physical printer.
- Click the Print command. This will instead give the Save Print Output as dialog box. Give a descriptive file name click Save.
These three options are the most quickest way to convert a word document into pdf.