Bachelor of Midwifery
Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships provide training in priority areas identified by the Australian and PNG Governments, and are delivered through selected partner institutions in PNG. Midwifery scholars and graduates contribute to quality maternal and child health outcomes across PNG.
Australia Awards PNG is offering scholarships to currently registered nurses for the Bachelor of Midwifery at the following PNG tertiary institutions:
- Pacific Adventist University (1.5 years)
- St.Mary’s School of Nursing (1.5 years)-Women only.
- University of Goroka (1.5 years)
- University of PNG (1.5 Years)
This scholarship is open to women and men and is for study in PNG only (not Australia)
- Meet the conditions of the entry for your preferred institution(s)
- Be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- Not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- Hold a PNG nursing qualification
- Have two year’s minimum recent employment as a practicing nurse
- Fully registered with the PNG Nursing Council
- If employed in an NGO facility, have endorsement from your employer for leave with or without pay
- If you are permanent employee of a Government of PNG health service, you must have employer approval via training committee process in accordance with PNG National Public Service General Order Training.
Should come from an appropriately senior officer with the authority to grant you leave from your post to undertake the scholarship (endorsement will be verified during eligibility checks). Nurses employed on a temporary or casual basis do not require endorsement.
Age and health.
There is no age restriction on applications. However, nurses under the age of 45 will be given preference in the final selection.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a health check and maybe excluded from admission to their college of preference based on health considerations.
Applicants will need to nominate up to two preferred institutions for study. If offered a scholarship, the offer will include one of your nominated institutions.
Each institutions has specific entry requirements. To find out more visit
www.australiaawardspng.org/midwifery or contact your preferred institution/s.
The electronic (pdf) form is available at:
Hard copy application forms are available from participating institutions.
Pacific Adventist University
Ms. Martina Makarai, Assistant Registrar
Phone: 328 0200 / 328 0439
St.Mary’s School of Nursing
Mrs. Mary Ponahai, Principle
Phone: 982 8429 / 7166 1562
Mrs. Francisca Bevi, Midwifery Program Coordinator
Phone: 982 8429 / 7070 8705
University of Goroka
Mrs. Clerah Goveh, Midwifery Program Coordinator
Phone: 531 1940 / 7906 8560
University of Papua New Guinea
Mrs.Lillian Temo, Midwifery Program Coordinator
Phone: 7059 9153
People Living with Disabilities
Women and people living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Australian Government takes a zero tolerance approach to fraud, if found fraudulent, applications will be excluded for consideration for this scholarship and any future Australia Awards Scholarships.
For more Information visit
Phone: 321 766 / 7373 3800
Mobile: 7014 1974
Applicants must contact their preferred institutions directly for information about courses and institution specific requirements.
Close of Applications
Applications Close at 5 pm on Monday 10th August 2020
Disclaimer: This information was exact version of public media advertisement by www.australiaawardspng.org