The new Pacific Secondary School Scholarships Program is a prestigious Australian Government Financial award. The scholarships provide an exciting opportunity for high performing Pacific island students to attend an Australian secondary school, gain a quality education and develop leadership skills. The Program builds on the Australian Government’s strong commitment to deepen education links between Australian and the Pacific.
You must be aged between the 15 and 17 years of age at the time of applications close, and still 17th at 31st December 2020.
There are some important things that you must be willing to do with support from the Program if you are selected, including;
- Apply for a passport and student visa to Australia
- Undergo health examinations (if required)
- Enroll in a nominated school in Australia
- Agree to live in a home-stay arrangement while in Australia
- Obtain signed approval from your parents or legal guardians, including a written statement about from them about how they will support and encourage you during the scholarship
- Have a parent or legal guardian attend an interview with you.
- Submit school reports and references from your principal and a community leader.
Who We Are Looking For?
Successful scholars will be able to show:
- Strong academic performance
- Positive attitude to school and learning
- Demonstrated community service and youth leadership
- Parental support
In order to be eligible, students in Papua New Guinea must have already completed Grade 10.
How to Apply
Application is online but downloadable application is also available there.
Application Closing Dates
Applications for study commencing July 2020 will close on 1st of March 2020.
Note: This notice/information appeared in the local newspapers (Post Courier and National) on Friday 14th January 2020. Full details and further information is available on the program website www.pacificsecondaryscholarships.com.au