NCD Governor Hon.Powes Parkop’s Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET) and School Fee Assistance Scholarship (SFAS) is continuing its roll out. It is targeted to assist students graduates from NCD Schools attain a tertiary level education. This is intended to have an educated and productive population in NCD and PNG at large.
Despite the change in the National Government policy on subsidy to students, NCD will continue this initiative which we have been undertaking for the last 11 years.
With the limited financial resources, the selection process will be simple but under strict guidelines to ensure only genuine NCD students qualify for this program.
NCD Governor TVET/SFAS Application Requirements.
All applications will be given out at the City Hall Ground Floor (Annex) upon presentation of the following requirements.
- Present receipt of 20% parental component of the total school fees.
- Demonstrate that last school attended is from NCD
- Copy of valid school certificate
- Letter of confirmation from the last school attended.
- A valid ID photo from the school/work/driver’s license, passport or
- NID will be most preferred.
- Acceptance letter from the tertiary or other institution intended to pursue studies.
- Continuing students must showcase their transcript and confirmation letter from institution.
NCD Governor’s TVET/SFAS Application Processing Schedules
Below is the time schedule for processing of the TVET/SFA applications:
Applications open on 3rd Febuary, 2020
Applications close on 24th Febuary 2020
Applications will be screened from 24th/02/20 to 16/03/20
All successful applicant’s names will be published in the daily papers at the end of March.
Payments will be done from 16th/03/20 to April of 2020 to students who qualify
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mr.John Makop on the following contact details
Mobile number: (+675) 760 28087 Email: JohnM2@ncd.gov.pg
Authorized by :
Hon.Powes Parkop Mr.BERNARD KIPIT
LLB,LLM,MP Governor City Manager
Note: This post is the exact extract of the newspaper public notice which appeared on Wednesday 4th Jan 2020.