Note: This post was the exact extract of the program advertisement by PNGHRI which appeared in the National Newspaper on 29th January 2020.
Human Resource Management Profession.
Papua New Guinea Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI) will assist you build a career in Human Resource Management. Career in Human Resource Management is one of the fastest growing professions in the world and in Papua New Guinea.
PNGHRI has programs from Diploma to Masters Degree with University of Papua New Guinea and is considering PhD scholarships in the near future in partnerships with other universities and both PNG and overseas. Average pay of Human Resource Management is K100,000.00 per year.
PNG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI) Advance Diploma Human Resource Management Program.
The Papua New Guinea Human Resource Institute will be offering the Advance Program in Human Resource Management as part of its initiative to develop a stream of Human Resource Management talent pool for the Human Resource workforce in Papua New Guinea. This program compliments existing Degree and Masters programs already offered in partnership with University of Papua New Guinea.
This program is offered for Grade 12 School Leavers based only in Port Moresby who have completed secondary school education in the last few years.
PNGHRI Advance Diploma in HRM Program Structure
Certificate In Human Resource Management (20 Weeks)
Term 1 (10 weeks)
- Personal Viability and effective communication
- Professionalism and Personal Ethics
- Study skills, academic research, academic writing skills
- Human Resource Principles
Term 2 (10 weeks)
- History and Evolution and Development of Human Resource Management
- Recruitment and Selection and Contracting
- Salaries, Wages, Benefits and Income Tax
- OHS and Duty of Care Responsibilities
Advance Certificate in Human Resource Management (20 weeks)
Term 3 (10 weeks)
- Organizational Restructure and Job Design
- Redundancy, Termination and Resignation
- Performance Management
- Training and Development and Training Needs Assessment
Term 4 (10 Weeks)
- Human Resource Planning And Budgeting
- PNG Human Resource Policy Formulation and Standards
- Human Resource Administration and Services.
- Employee Relations and Affirmative Actions.
Diploma in Human Resource Management (20 weeks)
Term 5 (10 weeks)
- International Labor Standards (ILO)
- PNG Constitutional Provisions for Human Rights and Employment
- PNG Employment Act
- PNG Public Service Management Act
- PNG Industrial Relations Act.
Term 6 (10 Weeks)
- PNG Non-Citizen Employment Act
- Industrial Safety and Welfare Act
- Minimum Wages Determination and Income Tax Act
- PNG Government General Orders and Standards
- Human Resource Information System and Human Resource Data Analytics.
- Advance Diploma in Human Resource Management (20 Weeks)
Term 7 (10 weeks)
- Advance PNG Human Resource Laws
- Culture and Change Management
- Applied Accounting and Finance for Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Project Management and Reporting
- The Future of Human Resource Management.
Week 8 (10 weeks)
- Strategic Human Resource Planning and Management
- Leadership, Management and Supervision
- Business Communication and Human Resource Reporting
- Good Corporate Governance, Citizenship and Employer Branding
- Preparing for Work, Career Planning and Personal Professional Branding.
- Grade 12 Certificate. Any subjects without Fail.
- Residents of NCD and Central Province.
Options for Applicants Currently Working
After hours Diploma Programs for Grade 10 (5 years experience) and Grade 12 Leavers with work experience (or currently working).
Program duration is 2 years or 80 weeks. There are 4 sub programs of 4 terms. Each term is 10 weeks long.
Professional Membership with the PNG Human Resource Management Institute. Classification starts at student member and advance to affiliate membership level.
Future Qualification Pathways.
Pathway leading to Bachelor of Business Management Degree in Human Resource Management with University of Papua New Guinea and Masters Degree in Human Resource Management. PhD Scholarships to be introduced in due course.
Date line for 2020 Application
Applications Close on Monday 17th February 2020 and classes commence on Monday 2nd of March 2020.
PNG Institute of Human Resource (PNGHRI) Contact Information.
Telephone: 323 5022 or 323 5344
Location: Unit 07, IE PNG Haus, Mabi Street, Spring Garden Road, Gordons Industrial Zone.
About PNG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI).
PNG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI) is an incorporated Professional Association. It does not operate to make profit nor pay dividend.
PHG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI) is an affiliate of the Asia Pacific Federation of Human Resource Managers and the World Federation of People Managers. PNGHRI is a non-profit, Non-government peak professional association, committed to professional excellence. Owned and run by members.