The National Information & Communications Technology Authority (NICTA) is a government agency responsible for the regulation and licensing of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Papua New Guinea (PNG), in respect of the areas of broadcasting, internet services provision, radio communications, and telecommunications.
Consistent with the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) objective to grow the number of women /girls that are making a career in the ICT world, and in keeping with the national objective to empower women in PNG, NICTA launched the NICTA Girls in ICT Tertiary Scholarship programme and commenced scholarship in 2016 with currently 12 successful scholars on board. Through this program NICTA supports the education of girls in PNG in fortnightly stipend and travel expenses for the duration of study.
NICAT is now offering 4 scholarships for 2020 and is calling for applications from suitable candidates!
Eligibility to Apply
Applicants must be:
- Female and just completed grade 12 in 2019 (School Leaver)
- Achieve a Higher School Certificate (HSC) “B” grade average and above, in a science major stream.
- Have the right attitude and behaviour
- Selected or accepted for a first degree program in Electrical & Communications Engineering, Computer Science, IT or an ICT related course at a NICTA recognised tertiary institution in PNG.
- Application form can be obtained to the email below or at the NICTA HQ (Frangipani Street, Hohola behind Bishop Brothers) or from our regional offices in Lae, Kokopo, and Mt.Hagen. Take note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information about the scholarship , refer to the NICTA website www.nicta.gov.pg and select the “Girls in ICT link”
Applications close : 4:00 pm, 31s January 2020
Completed applications must be addressed to:
GICT Scholarship Program
Or hand delivered to the NICTA HQ along Frangipani Street, Hohola or email email@example.com