The Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) wishes to advise grade 12 students, parents and the general public with the National Online Application Grace period has commenced.
By, law the role of the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) is to facilitate a centralized and transparent admission and selection of grade 12 school leavers into tertiary institutions. The legal prerogative of the higher education institution (HEI) is to set the admission requirement for each program offered . DHERST role is to facilitate these activities between the admission and selection period.
The following important notices serve to advise student applicants that:
- Monday 9th December , at 12:01 am to Wednesday 11th December, 11:59
- Students will be given a Grace Period of three (3) days-72 hours from 9th -11th, to finalize their application ahead of the Selection Day.
- Where a student sees a red highlight indicated on indicated on of his/her five (5) choices in the NOAS account, student is advised to choose another eligible program.
- The red highlight on the program name indicates that the student final grade 12 results did not meet the minimum program requirement of that program(s).
- The Department would also like to inform the general public that 2019 national online application is a FREE government facilitated service. By law, Department is the sole facilitator of N.O.A.S support.
- The NOAS support team is the only authorized student support provider
- Students and parents are strongly advised not to pay any person(s) who charges fees and claims to be a consultant of NOAS support services. DHERST invites parents and the general public to report any person(s) under pretence to DHERST for legal actions.
- The National Online Selections will be launched on December 13th,2019
- HEI selectors will participate in this year’s launching through e-conferencing
- Students can view individual selection results through NOAS account.
- Selection results for 2020 HEI admission will be formally published on December 16th, 2019, on http://web.dherst.gov.pg/
For further information, please contact NAOS support service team by email on:
On behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST), we wish all the 2019 NOAS students applicants all the best in their endeavours.
This post was the exact version of the announcement by DHERST and appeared on Post Courier, Monday 9th December 2019.