The Kumul Petroleum Academy (KPA)-NCT RTO 187 is offering a 12 month competency based training “Job-Ready Technicians Scholarship Training Program supported by the oil, gas, LNG, power and mining industries. The training provides opportunities to the next generation of Papua New Guineans to develop lifelong knowledge and practical skills for employment in PNG and internationally. City & Guilds is a world leader in skills education and widely recognized through out industry.
Successful applicants will receive sponsorship from ExxonMobil PNG Limited and other PNG Oil and Gas companies for the 12 month training at KPA. ExxonMobil PNG Limited is looking for sponsor 16 successful Junior Production (Operations) Technicians for 2002 intake. Suitable candidates that meet criteria are encouraged to apply.
The program is designed to develop:
- Junior Production (Operations) Technicians
- Junior Instrument Technicians
- Junior Electrical Technicians
- Junior Mechanical Technicians
The Program Comprises:
- 12 month Full-Time Training Program Commitment
- City & Guilds international training standards
- A Safe Live Plant Training Environment
Applicants for scholarships must:
- Have completed highest educational qualification in the last eight years.
- Preferably have technical vocational trade certificate Level II o III in Mechanical, Production, Instrumental, Electrical or related fields and at least one year experience, with a clean discipline record; and /or Grade 12 leavers with sound academic results in Math and English.
- Have good spoken and written English.
- Have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications Should Include the following
- Completed KPA City & Guilds Qualified Junior Technicians Application Form and update CV
- Authenticated (certified by a Commissioner of Oath /Village Councilor) copies of academic certificates and three recent references.
- Certified copy of birth certificate or NID card or other valid proof of age and ID.
The selection process for enrollment comprises :
- 2020 City & Guilds Qualified Junior Technicians Application Form
- Psychometric / Aptitude Tests, which will include mathematical aptitude / reasoning and spatial recognition as examples.
- Medical and Police Clearance and agreement to behavior codes.
You may apply through the following methods.
- From our website kpa-png.com
- Online at https://kpa.freshteam.com/jobs or
- Email: email@example.com
- Pick up Application Form at the Academy’s main gate (Portion 474, Idubada Road, Idubada)
Your completed application form must be lodged with an updated CV, Valid copies of relevant qualifications and contact details of three recent referees by 30th November 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be advised.
Kumul Petroleum Academy
Portion 474, Idubada Road
Idubada, Port Moresby, 121, PNG
P.O.BOX 1039, Waterfront, Konedobu, Port Moresby, 125, NCD, PNG.
For more information visit the following websites: