UK Government Chevening Scholarships Applications is now open for Papua New Guineas to apply for year 2020/2021 study period. The program is only for a Masters program for one year and is fully funded by the UK Government. Alot of Papua New Guineas have benefited from this scholarship.
Papua New Guinea has a long history with the United Kingdom, since the Papua New Guinea’s southern part was a British colony which was later transferred to Australian administration and then eventually Papua New Guinea getting Independence from Australia in 1975. Queen of England is the head of state represented by Governor General’s office and Papua New Guinea is part o the Commonwealth of Nations (commonly known as the Commonwealth) which consists of 53 member statues which were former territories of the British Empire.
As such, the United Kingdom Chevening Scholarship offers a great opportunity for Papua New Guinea scholars to interact and experience the UK Culture, history and its people and pursue their studies to advance their careers in some of the leading universities in the United Kingdom.
The UK government is now calling for Papua New Guineas to further their studies through this scholarship. The application period runs from 5th of August to 5th November 2019.
Eligibility requirements as per the UK Government Chevening scholarship website https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/papua-new-guinea/ as follows.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
So apply now at https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/papua-new-guinea/
For all other information about working and studying in UK can be found at the British Commission in Papua New Guinea website : https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-high-commission-port-moresby