Rated as Papua New Guinea’s top Business and Management School
- Recognized by Eduniversal International Scientific Committee as one of the top 1,000 Business Schools
- a Member of the prestigious Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPSB) and the Commonwealth Organization of Learning (COL), Canada
- Recognized by the Asian Association of Schools of Business International
- The programs of the School of Business and Public Policy have a proven reputation for producing CEOs, Senior Managers, and Entrepreneurs for local and global markets.
The School of Business and Public Policy (SBPP) (formally the School of Business Administration), was established in 2002. The School is one of the five Schools at the University. The others being School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS), School of Natural and Physical Sciences (SNPS), School of Medical and Health Sciences (SMHS) and School of Law (SOL).
The University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG) and the School of Business and Public Policy(SBPP) are major beneficiaries of the Pacific Leadership and Governance Precinct (PLGP), which is an agreement signed between the Government of Papua New Guinea and Australia. Through this agreement, the School;
- has secured a new state-of-the-art building with the latest technology to make teaching and learning more effective.
- Is supported by the Development Policy Center (DPC), Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University (ANU) to run run the School’s undergraduate and Masters programs. Five full-time lecturers from ANU are working with the school to deliver teaching, learning, research and outreach activities.
- is supported by James Cook University to build UPNG human resources capacity through a twining arrangement.
- Has prepared a Strategic Plan for the period 2019-2023 to strengthen teaching, learning, research, and outreach activities
- has realigned its curriculum to international standards and
- is focusing on producing high quality human resources to enhance the development of Papua New Guinea.
The School has strong partnerships with international and local professional organizations and industry to deliver its mission.
The school is offering the following Masters Programs;
- Executive Master of Business Administration (E-MBA)
- MBA-CPA Program
- Master of Human Resource Managements (MHRM)
- Graduate Diploma in Economic and Public Policy leading to Master of Economic and Public Policy (MEPP)-supported by the Development Policy Center at the Australian National University. The High Commission of Australia awards ten scholarships every year to an equal number of men and women from National Public Servants who are under Public General Orders. Details are available in the Prospectrus; and
- Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance (GDCF)-with the support of the Bank of Papua New Guinea. The program aims to prepare high quality Directors to serve on Boards/Councils of both public and private sector organizations.
Information and Application Process
Potential candidates who are interested in taking up Masters Program, are encouraged to visit www.upng.ac.pg to find more information about eligibility, application process, program structure, program fee, etc. Application Forms can be downloaded from the website as well.
Those candidates who are interested to enroll in a Doctoral Program (Ph.D) are advised to visit the school for further information before making any application.
A separate application form must be submitted for each program. All completed Application from must be submitted for each program. All completed Application Forms should be accompanied by the Original receipt for payment of the application fee of K250.00 into the account.
The University of Papua New Guinea
Account No: 1000584013
BSP Bank, Waigani Branch
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their intention to to take up the Masters program of their choice with the School
Please contact Ms.Lisa-Marie Kila, Administration Officer, School of Business and Public Policy, University of Papua New Guinea, P.O.BOX 320, University, 134, NCD.
Phone: (675) 3267299 / 305 or email: email@example.com for further enquiries.
Applications for all the above Masters Programs will close on Friday 15th October, 2019