The Cocoa Board of Papua New Guinea is a statutory organization responsible for regulating and policing the cocoa industry in Papua New Guinea. Cocoa Board is currently undertakes various roles and responsibilities guided by the Cocoa Industry Strategic Plan (2016-2025) in ensuring a competitive, vibrant and sustainable industry that is responsive to the global challenges as well as short and long-term government goals. Since January 2018, Cocoa Board as per the FER recommendations took over the cocoa component of R&D functions performed by the Cocoa Coconut Institute Limited (CCIL). As part of Cococa Board’s succession plan in ensuring quality and continuity of vital research functions, Expression of Interest for the Cadetship Program are now being invited from young recent graduates or those who will be graduating.
- cocoa Entomolgoy
- Cocoa Pathology
- Cocoa Quality Improvement
- Cocoa Breeding.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree of Science in Agriculture or other relevant degree
- Must be a recent graduates from a recognized institutions
- Must have a strong desire to develop a career as a researcher and be part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate effectively within and among other research disciplines.
- Be familiar with computers and be competent with Microsoft Office-programs.
- Must be willing to learn and contribute to achieving respective sub-program objectives under the Cocoa Industry Strategic Plan (2016-2025)
- Be willing to work extra hours as and when duty calls.
- Must be willing to live an work in a rural setting/environment
Recent graduates from 2016-2018 are encouraged to apply. Those who graduated in 2014 and 2015 may also apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. All applicants must provide a current CV, Academic transcript, three references, one of which must be your local councilor, pastor or parish priest. Application must be submitted to the mailing address or email address below.
Attention: Administration & HR Manageress
Cocoa Board of Papua New Guinea.
P.O.BOX 532, Kokopo, ENP
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
Source: Postcourier Advertisement May 17th 2019-Page 59