University of Papua New Guinea Open College (commonly referred to as UPNG Open Campus) facilitates students to study Diploma/Degree Programs offered by the Schools in the University.
Currently the following programs are offered by the academic schools through Open College for student to enroll through Open and Distance Learning Mode.
School of Business & Public Policy (formally known as School of Business Administration (SBA)
Intending applicants to the undergraduate programs of the school will apply for “Business Management Foundation Year “ program.
- A valid Grade 12 certificate or Equivalent with a minimum GPA of 1.75 with the following conditions.
- C or better grades in English
- C or better in Advanced Mathematics A, or B or better grade in General Mathematics or Mathematics-B
- In addition, two of the following courses with a grade of “C” and above will be considered to calculate the GPA:
- Business Studies
- History or Subjects of Natural and Physics Sciences
Progression From Foundation of Business and Management to Year 2 of Studies
On successful completion of all the courses of Business and Management Foundation program, a student can choose any one of the following two options, subject to fulfilling criteria set by the University, to continue into year 2 (2nd Year ) of study.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Business and Management
School of Natural & Physical Sciences
(1) Bachelor of Natural & Physical Science (Foundation Year Only).
Students must study ALL the following five subjects in Grade 12 to be considered for UPNG Science Foundation
- English (Language & Literature or Applied English)
- Advance Mathematics
The Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed for all 5 Courses
- The minimum required GPA for selection is 3.00
- English & Advance Mathematics must be “B” minimum grade
- Students doing only two science subjects will not be considered
Note: General Mathematics in Grade 12 is not considered for Science Foundation.
- All Non-School Leavers will have to meet all the above Selection Criteria and
- If upgrading Advance Mathematics must do Applied Finite Mathematics at UPNG Open College and score a minimum “CR” grade. Upgrading mathematics elsewhere will not be accepted or considered. The application will be rendered INVALID.
SCHOOL OF Humanities and Social Sciences
(1) Bachelor of Arts
Successful completion of Grade 12 with the following grades
- C/B grade in English
- B grade average in two or more Social Sciences subjects
- B grade average in two or more Science subjects or, an equivalent of Grade 12 qualification with grade or GPA of 2.5
(2) Bachelor of Arts (Professional Studies in Education)
- Minimum of five years of Professional Experience in teaching at Primary /High Schools in PNG with:
- Diploma in Education (P/S)
- Certificate in Teaching (P)
- Those with relevant professional experience in human resource development training are also eligible.
UPNG Open College
P.O.BOX 341, University .P.O NCD
STUDY CENTER/CAMPUS DETAILS
|Buka Open Campusemail@example.com|
|Kokopo Open Campusfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Madang Open Campusemail@example.com|
|Mt Hagen Open Campusfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NCD Open Campusemail@example.com|
|Manus Uni Center||71066880||Unavailable|
|Kavieng Uni Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kimbe Uni Centeremail@example.com|
|Pomio Uni Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Milne Bay Uni Centeremail@example.com|
|Oro Uni Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Uni Centreemail@example.com|
|Brugam Uni Center||71066878||Unavaiable|
|Kanauki Uni Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Morobe Uni Centreemail@example.com|
|Kainantu Uni Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Simbu Uni Center||71066875||Unavailable|
|Enga Uni Centeremail@example.com|
|Mendi Uni Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hela Uni Centreemail@example.com|